Proverbs Chapter 11 Verse 15The Holy Bible, King James Version
He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it: and he that hateth suretiship is sure.
- He who makes himself responsible for a strange man will undergo much loss; but the hater of such undertakings will be safe. (BBE, Proverbs 11:15)
- He that is surety for a stranger shall smart for it; But he that hateth suretyship is secure. (ASV, Proverbs 11:15)
- He who is collateral for a stranger will suffer for it, (WEB, Proverbs 11:15)
- It goeth ill with him that is surety for another; but he that hateth suretyship is secure. (DBY, Proverbs 11:15)
- Evil [one] suffereth when he hath been surety [for] a stranger, And whoso is hating suretyship is confident. (YLT, Proverbs 11:15)