Exodus Chapter 23 Verse 9The Holy Bible, King James Version
Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.
- Do not be hard on the man from a strange country who is living among you; for you have had experience of the feelings of one who is far from the land of his birth, because you yourselves were living in Egypt, in a strange land. (BBE, Exodus 23:9)
- And a sojourner shalt thou not oppress: for ye know the heart of a sojourner, seeing ye were sojourners in the land of Egypt. (ASV, Exodus 23:9)
- “You shall not oppress an alien, for you know the heart of an alien, since you were aliens in the land of Egypt. (WEB, Exodus 23:9)
- And the stranger thou shalt not oppress; for ye know the spirit of the stranger, for ye have been strangers in the land of Egypt. (DBY, Exodus 23:9)
- `And a sojourner thou dost not oppress, and ye -- ye have known the soul of the sojourner, for sojourners ye have been in the land of Egypt. (YLT, Exodus 23:9)